A regional sign shop covering a specific municipality in the lower mainland is looking for a General Manager. We produce both paper print products, and signage products. We install channel letters and some lightboxes, and have a bucket truck, however we are not a fabrication shop. With two flatbed printers, and multiple large format printers, we focus on speedy service.
Wage: 100k per year plus uncapped, aggressive incentive bonus
Location: Lower Mainland, BC, Canada
Lead 10 person team of installers, producers and graphic designers to sell, produce and install excellent signage and print products.
You should be a dynamic leader, capable of managing people, dealing with customers, helping out where needed, and setting an excellent culture. You will have a budget to work with for culture building to do team events and build up your staff. Creating an environment where people enjoy coming to work is an essential part of this role.
This role has a very high degree of autonomy, you should be comfortable working without supervision, and aiming to meet profitability and revenue targets. If you’re currently the number two in your shop, this is your chance to fully take charge.
- Set goals and hold team accountable daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly
- Supervise Profit and loss and meets targets for both profitability and sales
- Set culture of excellence, and ensure speedy delivery of service
- Supervise sales team and ensure sales are profitable and well planned
- Assist on any task needed and be willing to understand and get hands dirty.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience managing in the signage or print industry
- The ability to create and maintain customer relationships
- An understanding of profitability
- Strong technical proficiency in industry
- Strong organizational skills
This job will have significant autonomy from your manager. You must be self motivated, and willing to make decisions.
You’ll be responsible for the full gamut of management decisions, including pay rates, scheduling, hiring, overall client relationships, and setting culture.
This is not an install-heavy shop, so you won’t be required to work long hours outside of 8:30 to 5, however if something outside of working hours comes up, it’s the expectation that you will be available to help as needed.