Business Services Category Specialist – Fleet & Hardware
Salary & Benefits
Salary: mid- $60K range
Annual Bonus: $2250 at target
Full Benefit package after 90-days (prescription, health, dental, vision)
3 weeks of vacation
RRSP matching up to 3% of salary contributions
Associate purchase discount (10% Technology, 15% office supplies)
Based in Richmond Hill (currently work from home & expected to continue to be work from home with some requirements to be mobile & attend meetings at corporate office)
Work closely with the Print Fleet & Production Manager to oversee the fleet of digital print equipment to ensure that the right machines are placed in the right locations in order to maximize profitability. This role will be responsible for interacting with production facilities and retail stores to ensure that all aspects of accepting/producing orders meet production standards. Expectations include providing great customer service to the field and ensure that our done right, on-time production commitments, are met. You will be responsible for actively communicating and supporting the stores in any of their machine or system needs and working with our vendors to help maximize productivity and uptime. This position will interface with Home Office, Store managers, Non-Management Associates, and Vendors.
Specifically, you will:
- Support all field-level inquiries regarding any issues relating to performance and uptime of all print and finishing equipment.
- Be involved in negotiating, implementing, and enforcing vendor service level agreements (SLA’s). Perform appropriate reporting and vendor follow-up to ensure that SLAs are being met.
- Support growth of key business initiatives (finishing mix, custom print products, general divisional sales, and profitability growth)
- Involved in supporting the Category Manager and the Inventory and Production Category Specialist in developing store layouts and placements of assets to maximize production efficiency.
- Host weekly and monthly service reviews with key vendors
- Assist in developing and rolling out initiatives to drive sales and maximize profit opportunities, in coordination with other specialists in division.
- Implement and drive new enhancements to existing programs, and support launches of new sales opportunities based on market research, customer needs, and industry trends.
- Visit stores on a regular basis to ensure consistent compliance and execution of all current and new business and product services. Provide feedback to Home Office and District Managers on opportunities to maximize sales and profit.
- Provide direction, support, and guidance regarding P&L inquiries.
- Perform and keep on top of leading-edge knowledge of latest market trends in print, bindery, and general finishing equipment, as well as online printing technologies and platforms.
- Be Responsible for equipment testing and gathering of core metrics
- Have ownership of maintenance of internal fleet management system (Compass), and providing recommendations to production category specialist for new program development opportunities
- Financial reviews and billing reconciliation (time and materials charges, capital spending, and machine warranties)
- Review and analyze fleet performance reports (i.e.: capacity usage, TCO, uptime levels) by store location/district/region/company level. Responsible to ensure maximum equipment productivity by evaluating equipment performance. Initiates requests for new or replacement equipment.
- Work with vendors to manage repair and maintenance costs associated with the fleet of equipment.
- Actively look for ways to improve productivity within store and production centre environments while looking to reduce waste.
- Work with field and operation teams for adding or removing equipment including recommendations based on existing floor plans, or in conjunction with store renovations
Some of what you need:
1-3 years of progressive category development experience, ideally in the Print and Business Services industry