A leading-edge print marketing and manufacturing company is seeking an experienced Die Cutting operator. Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsible for running various clam shell die cutters. This role requires working experience in set up, make ready, die cutting, and stripping.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Operation, set-up, and maintenance of Die Cutter machines
- Loading and unloading Die Cutter machines
- Detect machine malfunctions and troubleshoot when necessary
- Follow all standard operating procedures
- Perform all assigned work safely and efficiently while meeting tight deadlines
- Ensure high quality standards are being met consistently
- Perform routine preventative maintenance according to manual and manufacturing instructions
- Consistently perform quality checks to ensure colour accuracy
- Communicate with other team members regarding production matters
Essential skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience as a Die Cutter
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Experience with Clam Shell die cutters an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong math skills
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments. Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, employees, managers, and executives.