Our customer, a leading producer of packaging products, is looking for a General Manager who has the ability to provide strategic evidence-based direction for operations and sales teams with a commitment to achieving profitable results and providing customer excellence to clients. This includes successfully introducing and driving change across the organization to support our pillars of success: health & safety, quality, productivity, and continuous improvement.
• Plan, develop, organize and execute the business plan to meet company financial and strategic objectives while creating alignment to the plan; directly responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and P&L
• Recommend capital investments that will further the Company’s goals
• Collaborate with other leaders in the organization to achieve shared objectives and leveraging the breadth of capabilities available across our network
• Manage resources to effectively balance strategic objectives with financial return and the efficient use of assets
• Establish and implement manufacturing and business processes that drive operational excellence while adhering to applicable company policies and procedures while fostering an environment of lean/continuous improvement
• Drive change, review product mix, processes, and manufacturing workflow for best results while considering current company systems
• Ability to understand the pricing structure and profitability by machine (hourly, by product, by project) in order to create pricing guidelines.
• Through sales leadership and support of your team, uncover opportunities to provide solutions to existing and new customers/suppliers
• Champion a culture of customer-centric behaviors and problem-solving
• Motivate direct reports and manage the development of department staff
• Identify future leaders and develop bench strength within the organization
• Partner with Safety department to continuously improve and enhance safety discipline, practices, and policies.
Critical Success Factors:
• Demonstrated success at a senior leadership level; including experience in cost improvement, process controls, budgeting, pricing and continuous improvement with P&L responsibility
• Strong solution sales experience; uncovering needs and providing value to customers impacting their profitability
• Business Acumen: providing strategic advice and guidance to key stakeholders
• Critical Thinking: Using logic and reason to identify solutions to problems that are evidence-based
• Drive change: ability to drive change while aligning teams to stimulate progress
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage all levels of the organization
Qualifications & Competencies
• A Bachelor’s level education; Masters’ degree preferred.
• 10+ years of senior leadership experience within the print, high-speed packaging or CPG industry
• Previous corrugated, folding carton or foam packaging experience; closely related industry experience preferred
• Strong financial acumen with a solid understanding of P&Ls
• Proven experience with lean manufacturing principles (Lean Six Sigma)
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); and other applications as required.
Location: North GTA