Our client, a leading-edge print marketing and manufacturing company driving diverse solutions for manufacturers, retailers, and brands across North America is seeking an experienced offset press operator. Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsible for running our 40” 6 colour plus coater Komori. This role requires working with a press feeder and your predominant responsibilities include running the press, maintaining cleanliness and good working order, and following processes and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Read and manage jobs through our MIS docket system and ensure proper material and ink supplies ready at each shift.
- Responsible for press make-ready and set-up; determine best sequence of colors.
- Achieve and monitor colour for consistency. Work occasionally with sales and clients on press approvals.
- Completes necessary paperwork and records, including recording operations and inventory on computer.
- Examines printed product for ink density, position on stock, and registration and makes adjustments throughout production to maintain guide, registration, and colour density.
- Inspects plates for visual defects.
- Mounts plates, blankets, and balances colour.
- Maintains overall production and quality of jobs by operating press according to standard operating procedures required for the press.
- Troubleshoots and performs minor adjustments and repairs, including removing and replacing worn rollers and adjusting pressure between rollers, using hand tools.
- Prepares materials for upcoming jobs by viewing production schedule and conferring with operator.
- Fills ink fountains of press; mix ink, maintain ink at acceptable levels.
- Completes material usage report and substrate usage logbook and other necessary paperwork.
- Operates material handling equipment to move loads to staging area for finishing.
- Wash up and keep work area clean
Essential skills and experience:
- 5+ years experience running an offset press
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Experience with UV offset printing an asset
- Printing on plastic an asset
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong math skills
- Detail oriented
Operates in a demanding, fast-paced, people-oriented manufacturing environment with frequent changes and interruptions, and multiple project assignments. Works with a variety of people including vendors, customers, employees, managers, and executives.