Toronto, ON, February 8, 2022 — Today, strategic consulting firm, Connecting for Results (CFR), is pleased to announce that the Print Wisdom career mentorship program celebrates its first anniversary. In collaboration with Ryerson University’s Tri-Mentoring Program, Print Wisdom has provided Ryerson Graphic Communications Management (GCM) students with the opportunity to find counsel from experienced print professionals since its start on February 8, 2021.
Designed to help students make a smooth transition from school to the workplace, Print Wisdom pairs students with seasoned industry professionals enabling them to seek career advice, guidance and motivation, and industry resources.
In its year of operation, the mentorship program has:
- Helped 41 students with expertise across the industry from print production and graphic design to sales and leadership.
- Expanded to support second-year students in addition to third and fourth years.
- Offered three unique sessions: Winter, Summer, and Fall.
- Supported many female academics, who are currently the majority in the GCM program.
- Nurtured young people for future success during COVID-19.
- Provided employers with the opportunity to meet new talent.
- Received recognition at the Canadian Printing Awards, honouring Bob Dale with the Community Leader of the Year Award for initiating the program.
“We are thrilled with the industry support we’ve received for Print Wisdom. Thank you to all of the professionals who have participated and helped to set the students up for future success. We look forward to continuing with the program,” said Bob Dale, COO, Connecting for Results.
“Connecting with industry professionals is very valuable to the students and they have greatly benefited from this experience,” said Martin Habekost, Chair, School of Graphic Communications Management, Ryerson University.
“We’ve seen mentorship programs have positive effects on students. Print Wisdom has helped many to feel a greater sense of confidence and direction and less anxiety about what happens after they graduate,” said Maricruz Rodriguez, Mentoring Facilitator, Tri-Mentoring Program, Student Affairs, Ryerson University.
The current Print Wisdom session runs until March 31, 2022 and the next session launches in the fall. To sign up to be a mentor, please visit: www.ryerson.peoplegrove.com or email email@example.com for more information.