An end-to-end provider of managed print and marketing services, our client specializes in high-quality digital printing, high-volume inkjet printing, and direct mail and fulfillment. With a focus on delivering superior customer service and innovative solutions, the company goes above and beyond to provide added value to their customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Proficiently operate Digital Printers (Trivor 2400 Inkjet Press, Xerox Cutsheet B & W, Irisdesse Colour, HP and Canon printers) including input of job-processing settings and managing job queues.
- Understand the different digital print systems that are present including their features, efficiencies, limitations, and flexibilities.
- Utilize the features of each machine for maximum production efficiency.
- Work with various types of data in different formats that are associated with each system including Text, Excel, Database, Access. and pdf files depending on the machine.
- Preflight files and convert for most efficient imposition.
- Review Docket/Work Order & samples to determine job specifications such as production time, colour, and quantities required.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret customer print requirements and specifications.
- Follow a schedule provided by the Production Manager which will have all priorities listed and what machine to run on. Ok to run on a different machine if necessary. Schedule only a guideline in some cases.
- Manage the workflow processes and prioritize jobs with little or no supervision.
- Check document quality before, during, and after each production job.
- Responsible for overall quality and integrity of the end product.
- Load printers with paper and toner as needed.
- Monitor job components and materials required, maintaining adequate inventory levels.
- Confirm that job components are correct and of good quality.
- Pack finished product as per work order instructions.
- Keep products organized and well labeled so shipping can quickly and positively identify.
- Maintain and clean equipment as needed to ensure smooth function.
- Troubleshoot basic equipment problems, placing service calls when needed.
- Communicate with manager on job or deadline issues.
- Understanding of print materials and use (i.e. stocks, finishes, inks, print processes etc.).
- Provide exceptional customer service by ensuring the highest standards in production processes and quality control measures.
- General housekeeping in the work area for safety, cleanliness, and organization.
- Move to days to cover sicknesses and holidays as required.
- Fill out service log as breakdowns occur.
- Keep all paper stock well organized and labelled.
- Notify Inventory Control of any low stock levels.
- Provide feedback and ideas for improving processes and department development.
- Other relevant tasks or responsibilities may be required to meet the needs of the department and organization.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent hands-on experience required.
- Must handle sensitive data and documents in a confidential manner.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Adhere to all department policies, procedures, and controls.
- It is a condition of employment that the employee scan their hours.
- Be flexible with regards to extra shifts and possible short-term changes to accommodate client demands and staff vacations and absences.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to stay focused and work accurately under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment.
- Must be able to prioritize work efficiently and multitask.
- Must be able to think ahead, trouble shoot, and follow a job through to successful completion.
- Standing, walking, bending, repetitive motion, and lifting required.
Reports to: V. P. Production