Company Name: Pollard Banknote
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba (on location role)
Job Title: Executive Vice President, Operations
As the Executive Vice President of Operations this is an opportunity to join the executive leadership team of a rapidly growing company, and to lead the Operations team where complex manufacturing of Pollard’s core lottery and gaming products is a foundation of success. The EVP, Operations will function as a key member of a strong and experienced executive team and will participate at the strategic level in contributing to Pollard’s continued growth through organic means and through acquisitions.
ISO-certified, Pollard is committed to best-in-class manufacturing quality control procedures, environmental management, and information security. Its ongoing investments in technology, in new and innovative manufacturing methods, and in bringing new and creative ideas to the market allow the company to maintain its competitive advantage. It is within this context and environment that the EVP will lead the operations of this world-class manufacturer and will place particular emphasis on improving operating efficiencies and processes and maximizing the effective use of resources. In this capacity, the EVP Operations will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence across the organization including overseeing, monitoring, and evaluating operational performance; directing the preparation of operating budgets and proposals for capital expenditure and investments in infrastructure, technology, equipment, and systems; as well as analyzing and approving operational investments that best meet the organization’s business needs.
As an industry thought leader, Pollard is a partner of choice in supplying lotteries and charities with new and innovative products and solutions. When it comes to driving instant ticket innovations Pollard is the industry’s trendsetter, including its focus on a strong digital strategy designed to help lotteries lever their new and existing client base to access on-line products and services. Along with the EVP, Information Technology, the EVP Operations will champion the development of Pollard’s digital gaming solutions, designed to complement its printed retail gaming products. This is a strategic addition to Pollard’s product and service portfolio, requiring the EVP to drive the success of digital solutions throughout the company.
Over the course of the last 25 years, Pollard has successfully established several greenfield manufacturing facilities and has successfully integrated six significant business acquisitions. Accordingly, the EVP Operations will oversee a large multi-site structure and hold responsibility for most of the organization’s 2,200 employees, leading a multi-disciplinary senior leadership team and all activities related to Manufacturing, IT, and Engineering, as well as operational aspects of Supply Chain, Quality, Security, and capacity planning of multiple production facilities.
- A senior operation executive from a large, multi-site manufacturing environment characterized by technical, engineered products and serving B2B markets nationally or globally.
- Demonstrated success in supporting the operational team through a period of significant growth and change in its operations, including successfully navigating the ever-increasing impact of digital and emerging technologies.
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams in such functional areas as Manufacturing, Engineering & Design, R&D (product development), Supply Chain, and IT.
- A well-developed technical background in complex, sophisticated industrial manufacturing, and product development processes, and in the achievement of improved efficiencies, processes, and outcomes across a range of key operating measures and metrics. Capable of advancing an organization, resulting in revenue and margin contributions to the business.
- Customer-centric with astute business sense in maximizing operational effectiveness, productivity, quality, and performance, and in identifying and capitalizing on new product/market opportunities.
- Exceptional ability to build, lead, motivate, engage, and empower large, functionally diverse and geographically distributed teams in the development and delivery of operating plans within a complex and growth-oriented manufacturing environment, and in a manner consistent with the values of the organization.
- A proven business builder and driver with demonstrated business acumen in an executive capacity, showcasing exceptional leadership skills in growing a business in a highly competitive and constantly changing environment. This includes the ability to transition with ease between operational and strategic issues, and to contribute to growing a business organically and through acquisition.
- Financial acumen that excels in consistently achieving results commensurate with the goals and objectives of the organization. Strong performance measurement and metrics management orientation aimed at promoting accountability and a results-oriented culture.
- A champion of best people and practices, including a record of success in maximizing an organization’s human resources within a high-performance culture that breeds curiosity and innovation.
- An outstanding ability to understand people and to apply a strategic approach to staff development, internal capacity building (technical and other), leadership development and succession planning.
- Well-developed communication (written, oral, presentation) and relationship-building skills; the ability to interact effectively with a variety of individuals and audiences at all levels.
- An undeniable leadership presence that exudes integrity and confidence and that easily gains trust and respect across all levels within and beyond the organization.
- Proven technical expertise and training in Lean, Six Sigma, SMED, and/or other related continuous improvement processes, and in effectively leading their application and adoption.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Relevant University degree (i.e., business, engineering, or other related).
- Ability to travel, mostly North America.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume outlining fit and salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pollard Banknote Limited is an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request.
By submitting this application, the applicant consents to Pollard Banknote Ltd. collecting, using and retaining the personal information for purposes relating to the application process and if hired, the employment relationship.
Any and all personal information collected is held in the strictest confidence and in accordance with all applicable Privacy Laws.
We thank all candidates that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.