Our client brings together people from diverse personal and professional backgrounds to create a technology-centered, people-powered culture that is constantly evolving and redefining how marketing is done. Its team members bring to work a combined history of dedication, service, and being the best at what they do—everyday. With over 30 production facilities in the US and Canada (and growing!), the company provides comprehensive digital marketing services, commercial printing, warehousing & fulfillment, direct mail marketing, sign manufacturing & fabrication, and promotional products.
The company is expanding at warp speed and is adding to its team – from their sales office and shop floor locations to remote online team members. Their team is a diverse, creative, and passionate crew who is always looking to discover and implement fresh, innovative ideas and make some pretty amazing things.
The General Manager (or Plant Manager) is responsible for identifying and implementing manufacturing best practices to produce subsequent process improvements to maximize production yields throughout and driving a world-class hiring process to attract and retain top talent. This job oversees the daily manufacturing operations of the facility, which will include directing, managing, and coaching all aspects of production with overall accountability for safety, quality, cost, and service performance. The primary objective of this job is to develop a self-sustaining team of direct reports to consistently produce quality products while maintaining all standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides hands-on leadership to facilitate growth among the team and lead culture change. This is done through regular performance reviews of direct reports and driving employee engagement through career planning discussions and succession planning.
- Oversees Manufacturing Operations, QA/QC, Production and Customer Service departments to review operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing, and facility problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and to meet future growth.
- Reviews and supports design concepts with fundamental or new technology used for new or existing products or improvement to provide cost reduction, safety, customer requirements, and market growth.
- Reviews and analyzes activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Builds and cascades the site mission & objectives in line with the global and regional strategy to meet business requirements.
- Identifies, retains, and develops key talent.
- Develops, implements, and maintains necessary plant operating policies and procedures in close collaboration with corporate subject matter experts to assure implementation and assure plant meets requirements.
- Oversees key projects, processes, and performance reports, data, and analysis.
- Reviews operations and plans to achieve regional profitability and service level targets.
- Implements lean manufacturing initiatives to improve overall value chain for the site.
- Reviews and approves preparation of accounting analysis: for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning, and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Manages annual capital improvement budget and projects.
- Plans and implements programs designed to maintain a safe work environment, assures the manufacture of quality products that meet customer requirements, with a focus on continuous improvement, maximizing volume and productivity of the department.
- Manages cross-functional interactions; establishes and communicates project schedules, objectives priorities, and targets; monitors the status of projects; provides technical interpretation and expertise, as required.
- Ensures that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) are developed and maintained for all functions under scope of responsibility.
- Achieves regional profitability and service level targets; contributes to the development and execution of the regional business strategy; identifies, defines, and leads initiatives that will drive significant improvements in customer satisfaction and cost savings.
- Represents the site in all interactions with local authorities and serves as legal representative for this affiliate.
- Assures proper process and resources leading to high performance of suppliers, supporting achievements of our plant objectives.
- Keeps senior management informed on project status by creating and maintaining written reports on project status, tests, costs, issues, and performance to established targets on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- 7 years commercial printing industry manufacturing experience with at least 6 years in a supervisory capacity.
- 3 years of experience working in a union shop/labor relations experience.
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Direct management experience of cost control responsibilities in manufacturing.
- Experience in implementation of continuous improvement and lean methodologies.
- Experience in establishing performance metrics, motivating, and holding people accountable for results.
- Solid change management experience which means operating as a value-added business partner across functional lines and with other key stakeholders to drive change.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, and numerical data. Ability to write reports and general business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, customers, and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.Our client offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term disability, pension plan, PTO, and company-paid holidays.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.