Our client is a print manufacturing and merchandising organization providing end-to-end solutions. Environmentally conscious, they provide innovative digital solutions for signage, fixtures, packaging, and display programs.
The company is seeking a dynamic, organized, and experienced Senior Production Manager to join their growing team. The candidate will report to the President, to lead a small but growing team of account managers, client directions, designers and assembly, and dedicated production staff. This is a full-time management position that requires someone to manage, lead, and direct this growing company.
As a member of the senior management team, you will be accountable to meet monthly and provide annual budget expectations for the business, as well as be responsible for performance managing all staff. This includes the design team, sales team, production, and installation teams who will report directly to the Senior Production Manager.
The role focuses on managing a wide range of projects from in-store brand activations to tradeshow experiences & various display & print projects. This role will specialize in managing their existing clients in the luxury beauty, skincare & fragrance industries. This role requires someone who cares about delivering a one-of-a-kind customer experience and can adapt to pivoting a diversity of client requirements. With a mindset to delivering quality and on-time solutions throughout various stages of workflow development, the candidate must have the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment while overseeing the process from design, pre-press, printing, display fabrication, shipping & installation.
This role manages a team within a larger organization of seventy employees. The candidate must have vision for innovation and a mechanical aptitude and be someone who can lead estimating through to rendering and execution. Ideally someone with industry experience and or a creative agency background with a proven track record of managing both projects and staff.
What You’ll Bring
- Required: College/University Degree.
- Experience in large format digital print, acrylic/corrugate display, is considered an asset.
- Experience in event management/event planning is considered an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop) is considered an asset.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking, planning, and prioritization.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to proactively initiate questions, updates, or follow-ups.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Google Suite, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
What You’ll Do
- Overseeing a team of 5-10 dedicated staff members and projects from start to finish. Planning, controlling and completing projects.
- Highly organized, ability to time manage and deal with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Partner with internal & external vendors in the design of new and innovative projects.
- Interacting and liaising between customers and the production team.
- Ability to pivot and make quick decisions in the face of obstacles and setbacks with unforeseen changes and rush projects, being flexible with change.
- Creating project workback schedules with Asana.
- Strong sense of urgency and customer focus.
- Manage timelines and costs while meeting customer expectations.
- Ensuring job dockets have the most up-to-date information & corresponding spreadsheets/packing lists are updated as changes are requested.
CUSTOMER CARE AND DEVELOPMENT
- Be the voice of the customer.
- Ability to communicate and maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Ability to prioritize customer needs while offering excellent customer service.
- Ability to conduct and attend customer meetings across Canada to engage in new business opportunities as well as current job planning and execution.
- Passion for quality with a continuous improvement mindset.
COMMUNICATION & ORGANIZATION
- Creating, modifying, and proofreading e-mails to clients and vendors to ensure accuracy in grammar and spelling as well as maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Using all available tools to keep each project organized and to communicate to all stakeholders on progress.
- Ability to prioritize to-do lists and react to urgency.
- Interacting/dealing with team members, suppliers, and customers via telephone and/or email.
- Coordinating job details and process with the print production team to meet deadlines and quality as per customer expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work between hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM and be flexible and client responsive between 5:00 PM and 9:00 PM as required as back up to Senior Account Manager.
- Strong team skills and a “Can Do” attitude to respond positively and efficiently to changing customer demands and opportunities.
- Provides weekly/daily input and advice to production team through team meetings.
- Competitive pay ($80-$110K) plus full benefits package.
- Opportunities to grow professionally and financially through a performance management culture.