The Vice President of Manufacturing/General Manager is responsible for the production of all products within the company. They work with other members of the executive team to ensure that products are made efficiently and on time. They also work with the sales team to ensure that products meet customer demands. As the Vice President of Manufacturing/General Manager, you will need to have excellent communication and organizational skills. You will also need to be able to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The Vice President of Manufacturing is responsible for the entire manufacturing process of the company. This includes the development, production, and assembly of products. The Vice President of Manufacturing will also be responsible for ensuring that products are made efficiently and meet high quality standards. They will oversee the work of managers and supervisors in the manufacturing department and make sure that they are meeting production goals. The Vice President of Manufacturing will also be responsible for developing new manufacturing processes and improving existing ones. They will work closely with the Vice President of Engineering to ensure that products are designed correctly and can be manufactured efficiently.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategies in alignment with the company’s business objectives.
- Lead, coach, and develop a team of managers to ensure an engaged and high-performing workforce.
- Oversee all aspects of plant operations, including production, quality, safety, maintenance, and shipping/receiving.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of materials and components.
- Negotiate and manage contracts with vendors and service providers.
- Monitor financial performance of the manufacturing department, developing and implementing cost-saving initiatives.
- Prepare and present monthly reports on manufacturing KPIs and metrics to senior management in Europe.
- Identify and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and execute long-term plans for the expansion and growth of the manufacturing department.
- Serve as a liaison between the manufacturing department and other departments within the company.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role in print manufacturing
- Proven track record of increasing efficiency and productivity in a manufacturing setting
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Strong understanding of financial statements and budgeting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills