Our client is a dynamic customer-driven full-service printer. With a work culture that celebrates learning and development, they look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and enjoy finding creative solutions. Our client is dedicated to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and can accommodate accessibility needs or requests.
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Wide Format Print Manager, you will be accountable for the day-to-day production operations within a closed-door production centre. You will plan, schedule, and oversee all production activities that drive volume & profit performance. This includes developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy to deliver all orders “Done right & On time” by maximizing efficiencies throughout the production workflow. You will build strong relationships with all business channels that drive volume into the production centre.
SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
• Ensure on-time delivery of jobs that are configured as ordered.
• Coordinate workflow for multiple machine in the same or different facilities.
• Continually access wide format efficiency and capital equipment for future investment.
• Maintain and safely use all large format finishing tools and equipment provided for trimming, cutting, and packaging.
• Create schedule boards for jobs in process to meet customers timelines.
• Maintain machine logs and adjust as needed; inform manager of equipment problems and place service calls when required, complete daily preventative maintenance for ensured maximum uptime.
• Use graphic tools and chemicals safely and with proficiency, including but not limited to: UV and latex inks, cleaning solvents, precision or utility knife, computerized graphic cutting device, metal straight edge, measuring tape, transfer tape, rubbing alcohol, and other materials related to the production of graphics.
• Responsible for variable cost controls such as waste and supplies expenses.
• Plan staffing requirements to meet turnaround requirements for print jobs and maximize productivity.
• Ensure the proper and accurate shipping and receiving of print jobs.
• Ensure team properly secures company assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures.
SOME OF WHAT YOU NEED:
• 5+ years industry experience in managing a team in a production facility.
• 5+ years industry experience in large format digital printing and finishing.
• Working knowledge of relevant platforms; preflight and industry software, file specifications and standards, desktop publishing terminology, file naming conventions.
• Basic colour theory (models and space), calibration procedures, colour profiles, colour gamut of devices, and colour management devices.
• Knowledge of internal and external network environment, operating systems, file types and extensions, software and hardware components of a prepress operation, file transfer (FTP, HTTP) protocols.
• High school diploma/GED with experience or vocational/technical certification.
• College/Technical school Diploma in Printing is preferred.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Ability to set up and operate a large format flatbed printer.
• Experience with large format flatbed printers and finishing equipment.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
• Solutions finder
SOME OF WHAT YOU WILL GET:
• Associate discount
• Health and dental benefits
• Performance bonuses
• Learning & development programs
• And more...
• Regularly lift up to 15 lbs, and periodically be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Use equipment to maneuver consumables 250lb +
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress and physical discomfort may occur.
• This position will be based in a production centre environment and will require extended periods of standing.
• You will be exposed to moderately disagreeable levels of noise generated by the operation of production equipment.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends when needed to meet deadlines.
Starting salary: $53-$75K