The best way to predict the future is to study the past.
On December 7, 2023, our COO, Bob Dale, shared his insights on the future of print with students at Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC).
Hosted by the Atlantic Printing & Imaging Association (APIA), Bob visited Halifax for a presentation that encouraged print students to look to the past in order to predict the future.
A 1700s printer and publisher (among many other distinctions), Benjamin Franklin was a print pioneer who not only helped to develop the postal system but assisted his clients in content creation plus distribution to access a wider audience.
While Franklin undoubtedly used different print technology, his approach is one that is valuable to his contemporaries in Atlantic Canada and nationally today.
While most industry experts would agree the print industry is changing, there are opportunities in the current landscape to consider, which Bob highlights:
- Constant change requires strategy, action, execution, and monitoring.
- A combination of business and technical skills are required to succeed.
- Not all companies will grow and prosper, but
- Companies that understand markets, customer needs, employees need, and deliver value will perform better.
- Many customers benefit from analog (offset) and digital capabilities.
Thank you to the APIA for the opportunity to connect with the keen students at NSCC. We hope this talk sparks some of their own insights into our dynamic industry.
If you’re unsure how to capitalize on the current opportunities, contact us. Our team of consultants is here to help!