Operational Strategy Specialist
Behind every great company is a team of great people.
At Connecting for Results, our people are the foundation of our business, and we want you to get to know them better. In this series, we’ll be highlighting the many talents of our team members. With expertise across the printing industry, one commonality is:
Knowledge + Experience = Results
Today we’re highlighting our operational effectiveness expert, Howard Conway.
With over four decades of experience, Howard has a breadth of knowledge and expertise across the printing industry. He has helped to implement process improvement, cost realignment, quality methods, and operational re-engineering working in consumer goods to printing and digital printing applications and services. Howard has held a number of senior management positions in a wide range of print communication organizations, where he was responsible for leading teams to implemented improvement to EBITDA and shareholder value.
With a successful track record in tried-and-true methodologies, Howard is an expert in the areas of change management and customer service. He is also instrumental in creating a positive and inspired work culture.
Howard is available to help CFR clients with:
- Operational Efficiency
- Workflow Operations
- Supply Chain Management
Howard also leads CFR’s research department where he helps provide a better understanding of the current print landscape. The department was initiated to help print leaders and their teams to make informed decisions for their business and plan for the future.
Recent projects include:
- Performed a material waste review at a Carton plant and identified potential waste savings of over $300,000 which flows down to the EBITDA.
- Successful Implementing a workflow system for integration of a digital press into an offset environment.
- Increasing capacity at a secure printing plant that was struggling to meet statutory timelines. Implemented workflow changes and recommended capital expenditure that had an ROI of 24 months.
- With the acquisition of a second operation, reviewed strengths and weaknesses at both operations and designed a workflow that increased capacity, improved service levels. Developed a “Can Do” work culture.
- For an institutional organisation, analysed pre-COVID activity with post-COVID activity and developed a workflow plan for internal clients, as well as new procedures, with an emphasis on customer service.
- An organisation was concerned about the decline in their business at one of their remote facilities. Our team identified the issues and implemented a plan that increased their customer base in conjunction with operational and cost improvements.
An active member of the Atlantic Printing & Imaging Association (APIA), Howard also serves the community by giving back to the future of the industry. As a mentor in CFR’s student mentorship program, he helps Graphic Communications Management (GCM) students at Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) make the transition from school to the workplace.
Looking for business insights and new ways to improve company efficiency? Contact us to work with Howard!